Jean Francois Bouron
Jean Francois Bouron is a Korean-born artist who currently resides in Paris, France. His paintings, usually in black and white, offer a macabre, surreal and alternative style. Dark and disturbing environments that make us reflect on the deeper senses of human beings.
Using art as a therapeutic tool, the artist says find himself in each painting, providing the public with strange images full of mystery.
For his works he uses various materials such as acrylic, oil, pencil, pastel, pen, paint marker, etc., applied on canvas, recycled wood, or paper.
Among his paintings find artists collaborations such as Nihil Sth or Hugo De Faucompret.Do you like this artist? Share!:
Jean Francois Bouron Available Works:
Jean Francois Bouron Fine Art Prints:
Jean Francois Bouron fine art prints available. Limited edition of only 10 units. Include certificate of authenticity signed by the artist. Free shipping worldwide!
Jean Francois Bouron CV:
Producing an artwork is a therapy. It's an obsessive quest of identity and well-being. I explored a lot of universes that marked me or touched me. Above all, I'm inspired by a lot of visual art : photographs, paintings, drawings, comics, advertising. Coming from a drawing background, I'm using the line a lot, with pastel, pencil, ballpoint pen black, rotring, Posca, etc. on acrylic or oil paint. Sometimes I create collages. I particularly like to paint on wood, since it's more solid than canvas or paper. I can't really control the composition of my artworks and often I do not know what to say. There is a large part of personal mythology, my references are included randomly in the image. I spend a lot of time thinking about my work, imaging different possible directions and trying to see differently.
- Artist represented by Macabre Gallery
- March - May - Collective show in The Macabre Gallery Show I at GalleryX, Dublin
- November - January - Collective show in Akiza Gallery, Paris
- November - Modern Panic - Collective show in Apiary Studios, London
- November - Auction in Drouot, Paris
- November - Les poupées russes - Collective show in Akiza Gallery, Paris
- September - Le vent nous portera - Collective show in Akiza Gallery, Paris
- June - Insectes et arachnides - Collective show in Akiza Gallery, Paris
- April - La Cave #3 - Collective show in Cross Art Gallery, Berlin
- March - Auction in Drouot, Paris
- January - Ceci est mon corps - Collective show in Auditorium Saint-Germain, Paris
- January - Artist residence in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
- December - Collective show in 59 rue de Rivoli, Paris
- November - Parisiana - Collective show in Akiza Gallery, Paris
- July - Artist residence in Les Esseires, Lavaquerie
- June - Duo show with Louise Dumont in Tourism Office, Marcillat-en-Combrailles
- April - Collective show & wall painting with X-Lab Gallery and La Cave Gallery in Le Théâtre de Verre, Paris
- April - Collective show in Centre Culturel Jacques Tati, Amiens
- April - Solo show in Studio-Gallery Rebecca, Paris
- January - Solo show in Living Arts, Glisy
- December - Collective show with Oxyum Collective in T-REX Gallery, Paris
- December - Live painting at Langage des Viscère in Auditorium St-Germain, Paris
- December - Collective show in Theatroom Festival, Paris
- November - Collective show with Zavata Collective, Amiens
- November - Duo show with Elodie Bourdu in Senechal Theater, Guéret
- October - Exhibition, live painting & bodypainting in La Boulange, Guéret
- June - Collective show in private apartment, Paris